This online course, split over two mornings, offers lenders and those who hire goods, an opportunity to explore the evolving regulatory framework, existing case-law and potential future trends.
The regulatory framework for consumer credit is highly complex and has given rise to much litigation. We’ll consider the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (looking at both credit and hire), and the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Principles for Businesses and Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC).
Attending this course will help delegates to:
• Recognise when a regulated credit agreement, or a regulated consumer hire agreement, is enforceable and when it is not.
• Understand how the Court has interpreted the unfair relationship provisions (including looking at the risks of selling add on products like payment protection insurance or GAP).
• Explain what lenders and owners must do before taking steps to end a regulated agreement and recover possession of any goods or land.
• Show the impact of CONC on the debt recovery process.
• Recognise the responsibility for others and the impact of CONC 1.2.2R.
Non-Member Rate: £915.00 plus VAT
Please click HERE to book