Designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the leasing market (including risk, taxation, documentation, lease evaluation, risk assessment and fraud), this course follows the process of a lease from beginning to end, giving delegates a better understanding of the lessor/ lessee position.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the impact of taxation on leasing
- Understand the documentation requirements of operating and finance leases
- Understand how a lease rental is calculated, giving an acceptable net after tax rate of return to the lessor and at the same time remaining competitive
- Have a framework for assessing the risks in a leasing transaction and an understanding of the frauds to which a lessor could be exposed
- Understand the accounting treatments applicable to operating and finance leases
- Understand how to measure the risks and rewards of operating leasing
This course presents the essential skills that are vital in understanding the financial and non-financial risks in any lending proposition. Mastering the assessment of these risks is central to business success.
The course will provide a full explanation of the relevant risk-analysis techniques, which in turn support higher service levels and a better use of sales opportunities.
Delegates will learn data-gathering techniques which will enable them to gain the relevant information from customers. This will facilitate quicker and more informed decisions.
Only through the intelligent application of the right analytical tools will a full picture of the risks involved emerge. Few businesses can grow and prosper without understanding these methodologies.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Know how to apply the fundamental principles of lending
- Understand the key analytical tools used in financial and non-financial risk assessment
- Be familiar with which proposals are “non-starters”, and should be removed from the underwriting process
- Have better key account management skills
- Have improved negotiation skills to deal with risk issues involving both internal and external customers
- Identify the critical indicators of business failure
- Be equipped with tips on how to prepare and present high quality credit submissions
- Understand the benefits of establishing a consistent methodology for assessing risk