Now taking bookings for 18-19 May - click here for booking form
This course presents the essential skills that are vital in understanding the financial and non-financial risks in any lending proposition. Mastering the assessment of these risks is central to business success.
The course will provide a full explanation of the relevant risk-analysis techniques, which in turn support higher service levels and a better use of sales opportunities.
Delegates will learn data-gathering techniques which will enable them to gain the relevant information from customers. This will facilitate quicker and more informed decisions.
Only through the intelligent application of the right analytical tools will a full picture of the risks involved emerge. Few businesses can grow and prosper without understanding these methodologies.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Know how to apply the fundamental principles of lending
- Understand the key analytical tools used in financial and non-financial risk assessment
- Be familiar with which proposals are “non-starters”, and should be removed from the underwriting process
- Have better key account management skills
- Have improved negotiation skills to deal with risk issues involving both internal and external customers
- Identify the critical indicators of business failure
- Be equipped with tips on how to prepare and present high quality credit submissions
- Understand the benefits of establishing a consistent methodology for assessing risk