The rules on financial promotions can often struggle to fit in with modern advertising formats, however it is vital that they remain compliant whilst still being creating interest and promoting sales.
This training workshop provides a valuable opportunity for firms to learn about the financial promotion and advertising regimes. It will cover FCA and Advertising Standards Agency requirements and will provide practical advice on how to remain compliant and avoid the pitfalls.
As well as attending this event, FLA members are welcome to share in confidence beforehand any questions or examples they would like to discuss and compare with their peers at the workshop.
By attending this session delegates will:
• Understand what the FCA and others expect from compliant financial promotions;
• See practical examples of financial promotions and the common issues;
• Understand the issues caused by the interaction of the “rules” with modern advertising including digital social media platforms;
• Consider what a financial promotions approval process should look like;
• Understand the consequences of getting it wrong and what actions to take if it does; and
• Be better equipped to put together, review and approve complaint financial promotions.