Designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the leasing market (including risk, taxation, documentation, lease evaluation, risk assessment and fraud), this course follows the process of a lease from beginning to end, giving delegates a better understanding of the lessor/ lessee position.
By the end of the course, delegates will:-
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the impact of taxation on leasing
- Understand the documentation requirements of operating and finance leases
- Understand how a lease rental is calculated, giving an acceptable net after tax rate of return to the lessor and at the same time remaining competitive
- Have a framework for assessing the risks in a leasing transaction and an understanding of the frauds to which a lessor could be exposed
- Understand the accounting treatments applicable to operating and finance leases
- Understand how to measure the risks and rewards of operating leasing