The Senior Managers and Certification Regime was implemented on 9 December 2019 for Solo Regulated Firms. This has been the biggest shake up within the regulated environment since the introduction of the Approved Persons Regime back in the day.
Having been a requirement within the banking arena since March 2016, it is clear that a joined-up approach from both the Compliance and HR functions is a key part of the support structure that businesses require in order to manage these additional new regulatory requirements.
As a result, Compliance and HR professionals will be called upon more than ever before to help regulated businesses manage the regime in BAU and provide oversight of it on an on-going basis.
This event will allow individuals to develop their understanding about the newly introduced Regime and consider, on behalf of their business what areas, processes, documentation and record keeping systems will need updating and/or implementing as a result of this new regime.
This session will allow Compliance & HR professionals to come together to learn from experience that has been gained in the banking sector, and to help them ensure that there are no surprises in BAU across any elements of the new regime
By attending this workshop individuals will be able to:
- Discuss and explain the reasons behind the introduction of the new Senior Managers Regime and the potential impact it will have on HR & Compliance
- Consider and explain the key component parts of the new Regime and what actions firms have been taking to embed the new requirements in BAU
- Discuss the requirements of the Certification Regime and how this will impact both HR processes and Compliance oversight during 2020
- Appreciate the people dimension that is impacted by both SM&CR exists and consider what policies and procedures will need reviewing and amended in 2020 to ensure effective operation of the new regime
- Consider the extended Fit and Proper requirements and what this will mean to people and process and the controls that will need to be in place
- Discuss and debate how a Certification Regime might work in practice