This half day virtual course on 5 October will help you understand how to work more effectively within the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) process - especially when trying to learn lessons from the FOS, as firms are required to do under the Dispute Resolution (DISP) rules.
An increased awareness and understanding means you’ll save time and effort in trying to establish how or why things are being carried out the way they are by the FOS. This knowledge will, in turn, increase your understanding of how your procedures fit in with the FOS processes.
Attending this briefing will help delegates to:
• Define contemporary issues firms experience with the FOS, including inconsistent uphold rates,
views, data and evidence problems.
• Understand the FOS’ legal basis and how it interacts with the regulator.
• Explore how the FOS interprets and applies the ‘fair and reasonable’ test to cases across the
financial services industry.
• Understand how the FOS uses and interprets evidence including how the FOS communicates what
it sees as the issues facing the industry. We’ll use this information to focus our attention on what’s
coming up in 2021 and beyond.
• Focus on the mechanics of the FOS, including how it’s funded and how it works with the media.