This half day virtual event will allow individuals to develop their understanding about the SMCR Regime and consider how to comply this now that it is fully operational. We will consider what on-going decisions and processes will need to be operating to ensure that firms fully comply with all elements of the regime.
The Senior Managers’ and Certification Regime was initially implemented on the 9th December 2019 for Solo Regulated Firms and is one of the most significant regulatory changes firms have faced – affecting every part of their business. Whilst the deadlines for initial Certification and Directory Data submissions were extended to the 31st March 21 due to CV-19, it remains clear that SM&CR will be at the heart of the FCA’s supervision of the Consumer Credit market place.
It is clear that a joined-up approach from both the Compliance and HR Functions will be a key part of the support structure that businesses require, in order to fully embed these additional new regulatory requirements.
As a result, Compliance and HR Professionals will be called upon more than ever before to help regulated businesses manage the regime in BAU and provide oversight of it on an
This session will allow Compliance & HR professionals to come together to learn from experience that has been gained in the banking sector, and to help them ensure that there are no surprises in BAU across any elements of the new regime.
By attending this course individuals will be able to:
- Discuss and debate the key component parts of the Regime, across Senior Management Functions, Certification Regime, Conduct Rules and The Directory
- Consider what actions should have been taken in order to embed the requirements in BAU and discuss current approaches across the industry
- Discuss the different ways in which the industry has approached the Certification Regime and consider any changes in approach that might be required in your firm
- Consider what existing people policies and procedures have been changed and debate with industry colleagues about what and why
- Discuss the Conduct Rules and what approaches to on-going training and reporting the regulator is expecting
- Discuss “The Directory” requirements and what processes and oversight you will need to have in place to ensure you provide the right information at the right time
Please click HERE to book