Financial services firms regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (including all consumer credit providers) are subject to the FCA’s guidance on vulnerable consumers. This is most clearly defined and regulated in the Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC) and the Mortgages and Home Finance: Conduct of Business Sourcebook (MCOB). This online course, developed and delivered in partnership between the FLA and the Money Advice Trust will explore the regulatory expectations on firms and best practice in supporting vulnerable consumers.
By attending this course delegates will:
• Understand the role of decision-making in working with vulnerable consumers
• Understand relevant legislation and key regulatory responsibilities
• Consider the impact of the latest FCA publications in this space
• Consider a range of useful skills and techniques to encourage good practice by frontline staff
Who should attend?
• Frontline staff
• Specialist team members and/or “Vulnerability Champions”
• Supervisors or Team Leaders with specific responsibility for “vulnerable customers”
• Staff needing a refresh or update on the FCA’s approach
• Staff who support or indirectly support a vulnerable customer strategy
As part of a wider programme…
This course is complemented by the additional FLA and Money Advice Trust course:
• Vulnerability: FCA principles into practice - 26 June 2020 & 3 July 2020