Back in 2016, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) handed over the mantle of regulating and supervising financial services firms to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Supported by a more robust set of regulatory standards it has allowed the FCA to widen its regulatory perimeter and provide oversight to a large number of consumer credit firms.
This half day virtual event is intended to help individuals that are entering financial services to gain a good understanding of how regulation works, who does what and why it is critical that firms and individuals understand the role they play in the operation of effective markets.
Attending this half day briefing will help attendees understand:
- The current regulatory landscape in the UK and how it all fits together
- Who the FCA are and the role they play in supervising financial services
- The FCA’s strategic and operational objectives
- The FCA’s approach to supervision and the tools they use
- The main regulatory standards, requirements and expectations of firms