This half day virtual event is intended to help individuals who are entering financial services to gain a good understanding of how regulation works, who does what, and why it is critical that firms and staff appreciate the role that they play in the operation of effective markets.
Attending this half day briefing will help attendees to understand:
• The current regulatory landscape in the UK and how it all fits together
• What the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is and the role it plays in supervising financial services
• The FCA’s strategic and operational objectives
• The FCA’s approach to supervision and the tools they use
• The main regulatory standards, requirements and expectations of firms