This course examines the remit of the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Vehicle Crime Intelligence Service (AVCIS) and will be of interest to finance companies funding the FLA AVCIS scheme.
Practical work-based case studies will be used to explain the process of fraud investigation, including the pro-forma witness statement. The course will cover the appropriate statement content, together with the exhibits needed for a submission to AVCIS.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand which cases are generally accepted by the police (through AVCIS) and the documentation required for a successful referral of fraud
- Be aware of the type of offences being committed against finance companies
- Understand the relevant fraud legislation and how the police decide (under their reporting rules) how and where the offences are reported, recorded and investigated
- Examine actual ‘live’ documents and, on conclusion of the course, be able to identify and complete an AVCIS referral form
- Gain an understanding of police intelligence gathering, the use of referred intelligence, its reliability and the rules surrounding intelligence dissemination
- Learn the principles of ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC)