The new Senior Managers and Certification Scheme (SMCR) will be implemented across the wider financial services sector from 2018.
Having been implemented within the banking arena since March 2016, it is clear that HR Teams have played an important role in advising on the myriad of staffing and training issues which arise both in planning for, and during, implementation.
HR professionals within consumer credit and mortgage firms are also likely to be called upon to provide advice and implement new staffing strategies, as SMCR is extended across the financial services industry over the next 18 months.
This half-day session will provide HR staff with an overview of the new SMCR and consider what staff related processes, documentation and record-keeping systems will need to be reviewed and updated in preparation. It will also assist firms with their project planning.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Discuss and explain the reasons behind the introduction of the new SMCR, and the potential impact it will have on HR
• Consider and communicate the key component parts of the SMCR and what areas of the business might be affected
• Appreciate all of the elements of SMR where a “people component” exists and consider how these may affect existing policies and procedures
• Consider the extended Fit and Proper requirements and what this will mean to people and process
• Discuss and debate how a Certification Regime might work in practice