This practical workshop aims to improve your knowledge, skills and confidence in working with customers who may be vulnerable.
It will give you the opportunity to practice using these skills in the context of your day-to-day role.
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Understand the key factors that may impact on vulnerability and categories of vulnerability
- Have knowledge of the statutory principles under the Mental Capacity Act, the mental capacity test and which individuals may act in a legal capacity for the debtor
- Learn the five components of the TEXAS acronym as a tool for dealing with vulnerable factors
- Learn the four points of the Compass technique as a tool for understanding the significance of the vulnerability presented
- Discover different pathways for debtors to obtain free, independent, money advice